Cohu is a leading supplier of test handling, burn-in and thermal solutions used by the global semiconductor industry.
Cohu, Inc. is the result of an evolution from a tiny laboratory partnership created in 1945. This partnership was incorporated as Kalbfell Laboratories, Inc., in 1947. In September 1954 the corporate name was changed to Kay Lab.
In June of 1956 the company issued 400,000 additional shares in its first public financing. In 1957 Kay Lab was liquidated and all of the assets and liabilities of Kay Lab were acquired by Cohu Electronics, Inc., a Delaware corporation. In 1972, the name Cohu Electronics, Inc. was changed to Cohu, Inc.